Episode 26. Receiving Revelation with a Busy LifeAug 16, 2021
Seems like as we go back to normal after living in a pandemic for a year and a half we are all going back to normal in full force. Our lives are only going to get busier and busier.
But what we don’t want to have happen is for the Lord's guidance and presence in our life to be pushed out by our busyness.
President Nelson said in April 2020 at the beginning of the pandemic, “It has never been more imperative to know how the Spirit speaks to you than right now. I renew my plea for you to do whatever it takes to increase your spiritual capacity to receive personal revelation.Doing so will help you know how to move ahead with your life, what to do during times of crisis, and how to discern and avoid the temptations and the deceptions of the adversary.”
Revelation is a key element for our days to come. Now revelation does not have to be only for big decisions.
- Be for guidance in the small tasks of your day saving you time in receiving guidance from someone that has seen how things turn out right
- Be for peace or comfort as you courageously act helping you be focused and effective in what you are doing
- Help you receive strength when you are weak helping you finish things that the Lord wants you to do
- Give you knowledge that will help you make changes in your life that direct you in the way the lord wants you to go. Helping you feel more focused in your direction.
President Nelson has said, “examine your life meticulously and regularly. As you do so, the Holy Ghost will prompt you about what is no longer needful, what is no longer worthy of your time and energy. As you shift your focus away from worldly distractions, some things that seem important to you now will recede in priority”
In an episode I released 2 weeks ago called 3 keys to spiritual survival I discussed three ways to receive better revelation.
Those three keys are having:
- Consistent spiritual habits
- A spiritual connection daily to build a relationship with God
- Meaningful prayer
Better Revelation in 20 minutes
Now all of those will certainly feel overwhelming if you are already busy
Which is why I wanted to do this episode to break down how you could do all of these when you are already at the brink with time available
What if I told you that you could become better at receiving revelation with 20 minutes a day?
If you could commit to giving the Lord 20 minutes a day, you could use small and simple means grow in your ability to receive revelation
President Nelson has said, “As we seek to be disciples of Jesus Christ, our efforts to hear Him need to be ever more intentional. It takes conscious and consistent effort to fill our daily lives with His words, His teachings, His truths. We simply cannot rely upon information we bump into.”
What I am going to do is give you a list of intentional things you could choose from to do during your 20 minute commitment to strengthen your ability to receive revelation.
If you commit to those 20 minutes a day and consistently choose one of these items. It can really be a different item each day, but the key is committing to doing something everyday for 20 minutes then you will grow your ability to receive revelation.
Now all of these ideas are outlined in my handout for this episode
Print out the handout and place it somewhere you will see it when you have 20 minutes to commit.
- Write down your prayers and ponder them before you say them
- Write a thank you note to God for your blessings
- Write down the ways you saw God in your life for the day and thank God for those blessings
- Write down a question you want to study before you study
- Write down all of your thoughts as you study
- During your prayers take a pause in between talking and listen
- Write down the thoughts that come to your mind during prayer
- Write down all the things you have to do that day and ask God for various help He could help with each one
- Imagine God by your side as you pray as if you are talking to a real person
- Join my Spiritual Survival Course and listen to one of the 10 minute tracks to learn to receive better revelation
My Spiritual Survival Course is broken down into 10 minute audio tracks to help you have more meaningful prayer, receive better revelation and create consistent study habits
Here's what Raechel said after taking my Spiritual Survival Course,
"My prayers have gone from following a very similar pattern each day to being unique, more heartfelt, and more intentional. It has also helped me be prayerful before my scripture study and learn how to recognize the Spirit teaching me during my studies. I was trying for a long time to create a morning spiritual routine that worked and this outline has finally helped me do it and it is SO easy."
Let me leave you with some motivating words from President Nelson
“What will happen as you more intentionally hear, hearken, and heed what the Savior has said and what He is saying now through His prophets? I promise that you will be blessed with additional power to deal with temptation, struggles, and weakness. I promise miracles in your marriage, family relationships, and daily work. And I promise that your capacity to feel joy will increase even if turbulence increases in your life.”
Try my free Anxiety Mini Course
Learn how to calm your anxiety in this interactive mini video course